Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Arrived in Parma



We arrived in Parma, Italy this afternoon and now are in the Hotel Fidenza - with Internet access. Our first matter of business was to visit with the Mayor and Colonel of the Carabinieri and let P. D. Bennett exchange gifts with them. P. D. is possibly the only surviving Rover Joe. He was in this area in 1944.

Left to right are the mayor, P. D., Alberto Campanini (our host) and the Colonel.

I'll fill in our first 5 days of activities was soon as possible.




Dub George

3 comments:

  1. This is PD's granddaughter, Brandi from Minneapols...tell him I am following his travels online. I look forward to each and every update. Have a wonderful time and thank you for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dub and the gang. Glad you were able to find an internet connection. Hope you all have a great time and stay safe. I am proud of P.D.; tell him I said "hi." Also, pretty darn proud of Barney, who has re-earned his wings. Looking forward to many wonderful stories of the adventures and of course the multitude of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I'm Ashley, PDs granddaughter in Texas. Tell him I said hello and love him. Mom and dad say hello as well. Ya'll have a good time!

    ReplyDelete